The Danish Interagency Safety Network (DISN) is an independent network addressing safety and security issues among Danish Civil Society Organisations (CSO’s). DISN was initiated in 2014, when a number of CSO’s identified a need for a stronger focus on safety and security in the work done by CSO’s abroad. DISN strives to strengthen safety and security risk management within the humanitarian sector particularly through networking, trainings and knowledge-sharing activities. DISN’s website serves as a platform where members can share experience, information and develop further and stronger safety policies together.
- Strengthen the culture of safety and security within Danish CSO’s as well as the quality of the work done by the CSO’s abroad.
- Improve a coordinated sharing of knowledge on Best Practice for Duty of Care between the CSO’s.
- Strengthen the strategic decision processes concerning the risk of a certain program/project/mission in a certain country.
- Make safety and security an integrated policy requested by donors.
- Increase resilience of Danish CSO’s in crisis situations.
- Contribute to Danish CSO’s working more proactive with safety and security.
DISN is lead by a volunteer-driven Steering Committee comprised of the following DISN-members:
- Liban Normann Holm, Assistant Professor of Emergency and Risk Management, University College Copenhagen – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fredrik Palsson, Global Head of Safety, Risk and Compliance, Danish Refugee Council – Email: email@example.com
- Bolette Kornum, Controller, CISU – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Miriam Reventlow, Director of Operations and Fundraising, International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims – Email: email@example.com
- Susanna Inkinen, Media Advisor, International Media Support – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dorte Lindegaard Madsen, Secretary-General, Engineers Without Borders-Denmark – Email: email@example.com
- Jacob Linderoth, Chief Advisor, Finance and Administration, The Danish Institute for Human Rights – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jason Wilson, Project Coordinator, DISN – Email: email@example.com